Governor Pritzker has issued a state wide mask mandate effective Monday, August 30th. Per his mandate, masks must be worn regardless of vaccination status, in all indoor public settings, including bars, restaurants, grocery stores, gyms, private clubs, health clubs and in common areas of condo and multi-residential buildings.
We do not take a position on these mandates, but as a business regulated and licensed by the state, we will comply with the Governor’s mandate to protect our license. Our goal is to keep the Wheaton Sport Center open, provide our members with all fitness options possible and keep our dedicated staff employed.
How does this effect the WSC?
- This mandate does not affect capacity rates or outside activities.
- We are working on the potential of offering outside (mask free) group fitness classes.
- The Air Structure being a temporary, tent like structure is defined as an outside venue (mask free). The indoor courts are indoor (masks must be worn).
- The Steam and Sauna will remain open.
- The Spa services will continue to operate with the provider wearing the masks. This mandate does not interfere with any service being provided.
- Masks are expected to be worn in the locker room when not showering.
- Pool participants are expected to wear masks when on the pool deck.
If Illinois rates follow the southern state’s trend, we are planning on a short mask mandate. Thank you for your understanding and support during this time.
Again, we are trying to do our best to keep our doors open, keep our staff employed and provide you with the best possible experience during these circumstances.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Wheaton Sport Center
Click below for cleaning practices of every WSC Department!