Tennis Policies old do not use
Court Reservation Guidelines
- Singles may be played for a maximum of 1 hour and doubles for a maximum of 1 1/2 hours.
- Reservations can be made 6 days in advance. Online and app reservations begin at 8:00AM, and phone or in-person reservations begin at 10:00AM.
- One adult per each Tennis Membership may host and make one reservation per day up to six days in advance.
- The second adult on the membership may host a second court on that day by making the reservation 48 hours in advance.
- If either adult chooses to play multiple times on the same day, they must wait 30 minutes between reservations or they may play on a walk-on basis with no waiting time. They can only be listed as the host one time and can be listed as a player on another host’s court multiple times as long as there is 30 minutes between bookings.
- If an adult member reserves a court, they may not change the court reservation by replacing the host with any junior/dependent members.
- Junior/dependent members, 14 and older, may make a reservation as a host 2 days in advance of desired play.
- Junior/dependents under 14 years may be listed on a reservation hosted by an adult member. The adult member must be present on court at all times.
- Tennis members can make a reservation by logging into their account on Club Automation and selecting the “Court Reservations” tab on the left side on their home page. They can also make reservations through the WSC app.
- The host must enter the person(s) that they are playing with in order to view available court times for up to 6 days. If only the host is listed with no other players, the system assumes that they are practicing serves, which can only be booked 24 hours in advance. If a host tries to book 6 days in advance with only their name entered, no available court times will show.
- A member can book a court for practicing serves (without additional players listed) 24 hours in advance. When only the host is listed as playing, the system only shows court times that are available for the upcoming 24 hours.
- Upcoming court reservations can be viewed in the lower right corner of a host’s Club Automation home page, under My Events.
- Tennis members may include a Health Club Member or guest on a court reservation. Health Club members and guests pay a $20 court fee per person, or a tennis member may use a guest pass in lieu of a guest’s court fee. One guest pass must be used to cover each player’s fee.
- The host of a court is responsible for making sure all players on a court are listed accurately on the reservation.
- The host may make player changes online or by calling Wheaton Sport Center. A player listed on a reservation will be charged a no-show fee if they do not attend.
Health Club Member
- Health Club members may reserve a court 24 hours in advance by calling the Tennis Welcome Center.
Court Check In
- All members must check in at the front desk for a court reservation.
- All players whose name appear on the court reservation must be present on the court for the entire duration of the reservation.
- Court cancellations must be made online or by calling the Wheaton Sport Center.
- Court cancellations may be made up to 24 hours in advance without a cancellation fee.
- There is a $10 late cancellation fee per person (singles) and a $5 late cancellation fee per person (doubles) for reservations that are canceled within 24 hours of the reservation time. If only the host is listed on a reservation (practicing serves), the fee is $20.
- There is a $15 no-show fee per person for any players on a reservation who do not show up and play.
Court Fees/Guest Fees
- A Tennis Member who brings in a guest may use a guest pass or pay the $20/person court fee. Guests visiting the club must present photo ID at each visit and complete a signed guest waiver.
Health Club Fees
- Health Club members pay a $20/person court fee to play tennis.
- Any guest playing tennis with a sponsoring member is also charged $20/person per reservation.
- A Tennis Member may use a guest pass in lieu of the Health Club/Guest fee.